Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple months back, my head unit had started sucking the juice from my 1997 Taurus. At first, the cassette deck ate my cassette adaptor and I ended up popping it out with a flathead. Then, a few weeks later, I noticed red lines on the clock when the car was shut off. I unplugged the unit and had no radio or rear defrost... So, I recently decided to go to the junkyard and pull another one (In assumption it was a faulty cassette deck.) I haven't noticed any red lines this time, but the cassette deck won't pull my tape in. Out of curiosity, does this sound like a wiring problem or did I just happen to pull a unit with the same problem?

·
Registered
23,355 Posts
My guess is you need another head unit providing fuses and wiring are a-ok. Maybe try to exchange the football, my yard allows 90 days?

·
Registered
31 Posts
sounds like you are having the same problem. if i were youe id invest around 250 for a aftermarket radio and dash kit. it will be better in the long run and the sound quality will be 1000% better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate the feedback! I'm going to have the wires tested but it won't be for a while. Figured I could do a quick fix. Unfortunately, the junkyard did not offer warranty on the unit. So, I was at a $15 loss. I'm thinking I should just get an aftermarket kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts