Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 taurus. I started having acceleration issues and had the codes pulled egr excessive and not enough along with with cam position sensor. Well pulled the sensor and someone had rigged it by putting magnet in the spinning metal and folding the metal. So replaced the cam syncronizer and sensor. Now 3 days later I start getting flashing check engine for misfires so I replace egr press sensor and I test egr by sucking on tube and engine tries to die so valve is good. Still getting misfires and all of a sudden when I put car in reverse speakers die also sometimes car won't turn over till I take out of parkr and put back. Too many issues keep popping up so I guess I change tps???? I'm starting to think pcm because of the weird progression

Help ! LOL

Eric

·
Registered
23,575 Posts
For the misfire codes, i would check/replace plugs, wires and coil in that order. Did you mean trs (transmission range sensor) instead of tps (throttle position sensor)?

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
^+1 Sounds like some classic TRS symptoms there: "speakers die also sometimes car won't turn over till I take out of park and put back". Are you losing power windows & does power steering feel diminished as well when this happens? Also, you need to make sure tubes leading into DPFE sensor are not clogged, as well as EGR passages. Your EGR sounds good from what you say in your post, but all associated passageways need to be clear. They can get (be) quite clogged on a Taurus that old.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok picked up a TRS/neutral safety switch. Had my codes checked and my egr codes and cam sensor codes are gone only getting p0300 Random misfire code so I picked up plugs when I pulled the plugs they are all white. So I'm wondering if I have a fuel delivery issue now. I guess ill start with fuel filter

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Update

After everything replaced

Coil Pack
Wires
Plugs

Edit:
Also replaced Cam Syncro gear and Cam Position Sensor(cam pos code), EGR Sensor(EGR Excessive & too little codes), TRS (speakers turning off in reverse)

Now only have (Random Misfire codes)

Now I am getting a constant Flashing Check engine and have determined it is cyl3 not firing. Ran compression test 165psi in cyl3 Sparkplug looks brand new so im assuming it is not getting any fuel. Just picked up the upper plenum gasket so I am going to pull it off and pop out the Fuel Injector. $59 bucks each @ autozone that upper intake plenum is a pain in the ass. Was tempted to buy some o-rings and move cyl3 injector to cyl1 to see what happens.

Eric

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
try putting your finger on the injector and see if you can feel the pulse. to get a good feel have on finger on a cylinder that you know is working. this can help you narrow the problem down before you take everything apart and spend money on the wrong things

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah you can barely get to the wiring harness plugging into the injector due to the intake plenum. Ill see not into the parts for too much Advanced took the coil pack back :) so $70 saved

1 - 8 of 8 Posts