Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question regarding the replacement of a cam position sensor. I pulled the sensor off to replace it and it had come apart. I noticed the cam synchronizer was broken on top so I bought a Ford replacement part. My problem is the wiring harness that is directly above the part. Does anyone know how to get this harness out of the way so I can pull out the old part and put in the new one? There is a thick plastoc shroud surroundint the harness and it doe not move around enough to replace the part. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
23,391 Posts
Check the topic finder @ top of this page or do a search. A bajillion threads on the topic. Youll get some good ideas.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Remove the screws that hold that harness down. There are 2 on the front valve cover and 2 on the rear. The fuel injectors are connected to this harness so you need to disconnect them so the harness will move upwards enough.

·
Registered
23,391 Posts
Iirc, some people have pulled up and hooked the harness out of the way towards the uim. Others have simply cut the plastic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cam Position Sensor Repair

Thanks for the ideas. I have changed the Synchronizers before but was feeling a bit uneasy on the Taurus because the harness was directly over the area where the cam synchronizer was.I was hoping there was an easy way to get the entire harness out of the way that I may have overlooked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts