Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1997 Taurus SHO had a long lasting cel go out a couple weeks ago, it was for an o2 sensor. It would be cool except it's almost time for inspection and none of the sensors are ready. it's like the battery got disconnected and you gotta drive 100 miles to reset all the sensors, cept its been about 250 miles, and after about 100 of those miles i cleaned up all battery connections. i read the codes almost daily and it reads no cel codes and inspection readiness not complete. anyone have any ideas? It's hard to even google about this problem, hard for me to even explain it.

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
You mean "IM monitors" not sensors! Which IM monitors are not reset? Some, like the CCM, set nearly instantly after codes cleared / batt disconnected. Some, especially EVAP, can take quite a while to reset. If you run the Ford IM reset drive cycle (I think it is posted somewhere around here), that will hasten the reset of all the IM monitors. Depending on local emission laws, you will pass with 1, and sometimes 2 IM monitors not completed, but will fail the test is one or more monitors have run and failed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All of them say N/A. only one that says OK is misfire monitor, if you want i can go out and list them but I know that all of the monitors say N/A instead of OK like they are supposed to. I've driven it about 150 miles since DTC's were last cleared.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Some systems have to cycle several time to complete the test.

The computer has to see the system components cycle X number or times to complete the monitor test, if it does not see any problems it will complete the test.

Just driving may not complete the sequence for the test.

Hope this Helps

Dusty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.