Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I've been having a lot of trouble w/ my 97 SHO's secondaries getting gummed up. I pulled the upper intake yesterday and sprayed the secondaries really good w/ B12 cleaner but its still extremely hard to rotate the shafts and open the valves in the lower intake. I haven't removed the lower intake as of yet (trying to save a little time). The IMRC box and cable work as they should. Its just the butterflies are stuck. Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
374 Posts
Remove lim and clean them properly.
This. Spray bomb clean as much residual crap as you can with carb/throttle plate cleaner spray, then drop them in a bucket with 50/50 mixture of Kafka Oil Eater (Available at Sam's, Costco, O'Reilly Auto Parts, Pep Boys, etc) and water. Allow to soak 30 minutes, remove, wipe away any remaining excess with a non-linting cloth (I use my retired microfiber cloths) and put back in the bucket and allow to soak overnight if possible. I disassembled the SHO V6 and soaked individual parts in this stuff, to give you an idea on how good it works, the oil saturated/cooked air horns from the intake came out sparkling clean with no wiping after a 24 hour soak. Same story with the pistons.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.