Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 97 SHO developed a miss, Checked for codes ,no ses, found PO340 cam position sensor circut. Bought a new sensor, didnt change a thing. Miss comes and goes ,very intermittent. wires seem in tact and makeing contact . any one know where on the pcm the circut would be ? Haynes manual isnt very informitive. Also different electrical things acting up, also intermittent. Love this car to death and have to get this figured out... 177,577 miles and still eating chevys for breakfast....

·
Registered
834 Posts
Here is the 97 SHO PCM pinout diagram

Page 1
Page 2

Looks like pin 85 is the camshaft position sensor.

BTW...Have you ever had the camshaft sprockets welded....and do you know about the 96-99 SHO cam issues?? If not google it.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Here is the 97 SHO PCM pinout diagram

Page 1
Page 2

Looks like pin 85 is the camshaft position sensor.

BTW...Have you ever had the camshaft sprockets welded....and do you know about the 96-99 SHO cam issues?? If not google it.
It hasn't made it to 177k without welding, even if he didn't have it done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
97 sho

I am not sure about the cams ,I assumed they were welded and like I said , It seems to be an electric problem . I beleave there has been a chip put in the PCM as this show runs faster than the normal SHO by quite a bit. All these little circut codes are intermittent and none have set the MIL light .All come and go. as of earlier today a secondary air flo codepo411 Appeared on the scanner. Along with a multi missfire code. I am just looking at all these little quirks as leading to a poss. PCM ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts