Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. My wifes 97 Sable 3.0 has started shuddering during highway driving. It just started yesterday. It drove absolutely perfect for over 100 miles then all of a sudden starting to skip very badly. If I mashed on the gas, there was no response from the engine but the car would never stall. I would have to pull over and cut the car off then re crank it before it would run right again but then it would start to skip again within a few miles. The longer you let the car sit, the further you can drive before it starts to skip again. Plus it will do it at all speeds. I'm getting two continuous codes. P0420 & p0430. Both are for the cats. It will start and idle perfect. Anyone have any ideas besides just replacing both cats? We've drove it around 60 miles today w/ both p0420 and p0430 codes but it has drove just fine. Anything else would cause these symptoms? Thanks

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
QUOTE (ladenblowfish @ May 31 2010, 08:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808061
Hey guys. My wife's 97 Sable 3.0 has started shuddering during highway driving. It just started yesterday. It drove absolutely perfect for over 100 miles then all of a sudden starting to skip very badly. If I mashed on the gas, there was no response from the engine but the car would never stall. I would have to pull over and cut the car off then re crank it before it would run right again but then it would start to skip again within a few miles. The longer you let the car sit, the further you can drive before it starts to skip again. Plus it will do it at all speeds. I'm getting two continuous codes. P0420 & p0430. Both are for the cats. It will start and idle perfect. Anyone have any ideas besides just replacing both cats? We've drove it around 60 miles today w/ both p0420 and p0430 codes but it has drove just fine. Anything else would cause these symptoms? Thanks[/b]
Change the fuel filter. Cut the old one open and see how much crud is in it. See if you can find a way to check the fuel pressure
when its acting up.

bo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts