Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, trying to get this turd back together for its last of its 9 lives. Front passenger and rear drivers door windows wont work. saw the old post which was a help, but i have not got to the bottom of it yet. took the big multipin 502 connector off the drivers door. pulled back the insulation boot. pin 41 pink/white was a clean cut. but i have no idea what this wire does.
pin 47 looks like it had cuts on it, but it looks intact. pin 42 pink/black looks like the wire is kinked, but no breaks in the insulation. now, it tried continuity on the RF pins (30,31) and i have open circuit. did the same with the back pass side wiring and it showed low ohms (this one worked).

i quit for the day, made some notes, and am trying to find a plan of attack to find the bad wire from the female side of 502 connector, to the front right door. trying to find a probe tip i can dig into the insulation to trace where the wire is broke. Has anybody seen issues with wiring on the right side? the door panel is off and i know the window motor is ok. Its got to be a least one of the two wires. anyone know how there routed on the car going left to right?

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well, its back together with 4 windows working. found one bad wire in the rubber bellows in the door jam. spliced it and got the rf working now. LR still dead. tired to jump it with my jump pack. would not move. tired to take the door apart and do the same, still no move, but a spark from the jump pack. so i thought it had continuity to the motor, maybe it was just stuck. banged on the window for awhile and the gasket. Success! it was just stuck. Still a pain the the arce to do...

Reactions: kekaye56 and sheila
1 - 2 of 2 Posts