Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... Before headin to Iraq, I'd testdrove and purchased a '97 Taurus GL (w/ SHO rear discs)... Upon returning less than a month ago, I'd found that the ppl that I bought the car from had lost the one and only key... I've got a new transponder key and ign. switch comming in and need to know how to either program this new one w/o the orig. master key or if I can somehow bypass/remove P.A.T.S... Any ideas or help would greatly be appreciated..

Thanks,
-Dusty

Ain't nothin better'n :ford: :beat-chevy:

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
You will have to go to a dealer and get the key(s) programmed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will have to go to a dealer and get the key(s) programmed.
[/b]

I'm stationed in germany... the closest dealership that deals w/ American cars is 100k/m (60 mi) away :dunno:

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
If you can find a mechanic who has the Ford NGS diagnostic tool they can also program the keys.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
If the car has the Vulcan 3.0L OHV, it does not have the PATS system. You can use the cheapo keys.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the car has the Vulcan 3.0L OHV, it does not have the PATS system. You can use the cheapo keys.
[/b]
Is Vulcan the only OHV? My engine code is "U"... That's it, right? :huh:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
Yup, 'u' code is a Vulcan/OHV engine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
Yup, 'u' code is a Vulcan/OHV engine.
[/b][/quote]

Awesome awesome... Thanks a lot man... saved one hell lotta money and a damned headache :salute:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts