Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom's 97 Taurus GL has the door locks randomly lock and unlock on her. It sometimes will do it very rapidly for a long span of time and other times it wont do it at all for weeks. She has to disconnect her battery whenever she parks her car anywhere because it can unlock and let someone in or it will run the battery down constantly locking and unlocking.

What could be the cause of this? Where should I start on this one. I hate that my mom has to disconnect her battery all the time.

·
Registered
409 Posts
you can try swapping a relay from another function to the door locks. if the problem quits buy a new relay.if that doesn't fix it, find a wiring schematic and good luck.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
something i should have mentioned earlier. This car does not have keyless entry and it doesn't even use a microchipped key like my Taurus has.

so try the relay labeled 15 first to see if it does anything. Is that relay the same in all g3 tauruses regardless of trim?

·
Administrator
15,115 Posts
Position 35 in a '99. Middle of the 3 identical vertical relays on the top left of the IP fuse

1 - 7 of 7 Posts