Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, ive notice shaking when i apply the brake from excessive speed.I haven't checked yet but I believe it would be the lower ball joints or the control arm or even both.My question is; is it easier to do lower control arm oppose to during the ball joint by it self? The repair manual make it seem easier to do the control arm which will have the ball included with the part ,not cheaper but easier.I just need the pros and cons on this situation. All replys and advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Sounds like your rotors are warped. If you're only getting a shaking in the wheel when applying brakes, that a sign you have issues with your rotors. Second if your changing control arms, the driver's side is going be more work. The transmission sits above the bolt and will require you to lower the sub-frame to get clearance to remove the bold. FYI though, when re-installing the bolt for the driver's side control arm, install in upside down. That way should you ever need to remove it again, it will make it a lot easier next time

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I agree on the rotors. Much easier but definitely check the suspension over all. Even expense timed well can save you a life when you needed the response.
Buy good parts and be safe!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts