Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Got a problem with my 97 3.0 Vulcan. Lots of rain down her in Louisiana recently, and after running through a couple of deep puddles, the engine runs smoothly till it gets up to around 2000 rpm.

The engine runs smoothly up till around 2000 rpm, then gets really rough with a lot of engine vibration. I've checked for vacuuum leaks, replaced the air filter, and checked all my electrical connections and cannot track down what the problem may be.

I also have a problem with fluctuating rpm's around 1500 when letting up on the accleration, but found some probable causes on another forum topic.

Anyone have any idea what may causing the problem? I'd really appreciate any response as I plan on leaving for Atlanta this Saturday for a family reunion.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Jim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (JAK56 @ Jul 23 2009, 04:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=741352
QUOTE (rudedog @ Jul 23 2009, 12:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=741338
Was the air filter soaked??[/b]

Nope, it was dry, but I do alot of country driving, so it was dirty and I figured I might as well change it.
[/b][/quote]
Problem fixed!! I had two seperate events happen at the same time. The engine was running rough from getting wet, and as I noticed by accident today, my rear driver side tire had a defect on the inboard side. The engine now runs smoothly after drying out, and the tire has been replaced!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts