Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have or can link me to diagrams of the brake system wireing. I need the wire diagram from all fuse blocks and throught the car. i need to check the hole system and follow wires. i am not getting power to the brake switch. i am loosing power somewhere.
thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think it is a main feed somewhere. tail, turn signals, horn, head lights all work. No brake lites, dome light, speedo and odometer, windows, sidemirrors, radio work at all.
the steering is a little bit tough too. it feels like i am in a race car.
thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, it did help thanks. only one problem. i need to know where is instrument panel fuse 28 getting its power from? is their more diagrams?
thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the sourse of power for #28. is it coming from the main fuse box uder the hood if so which one if not is it being fed from the gem module. i am trying to get this info without having to start ripping things apart
thanks

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
it should be feed by the power distribution block under the hood. if you pull the fuse on 28 use an electrical tester to test for power coming into the fuse ( ground and then put positive on one side of the fuse opening ) depress the brake and see if you have power. ( not sure what side is in and what side is out so you might have to do it 2x ) also the wire that powers the brake light switch is known for braking. I will look a lil more and see what i can find.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for looking into the problem. it is going to be the wifes car and i have to get brake lights working for her. i checked the light green red stripe wire up as far as i can go. it has no power in it. all lights work, flasher, turn signals, horn, hi low beams.
what does the vss have to do with the brake lights? or the trs?

i think if i find the main feed for this problem i will solve the gremlin. i also think my other things not working will work again. i think some how they are all related somehow.

how smooth is the car supposed to shift from 1st to second? mine has a little hessitaion then shifts. it will go into shift mode the rmps will rise ever so slighty then shift.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have no power to fuse 28 under the dash. can someone please tell or send a diagram where fuse 28 pulls its power from and the color of the wire if possible.
i need the scematic of a lead going into the fuse.
thanks

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
I cannot find anything on what supplys the num 28 fuse. My best suggestion is to pull the fuse box and look at the back for some broken connections. the taurus acts strange when the vss or trs start to go bad. the trs affects the radio, windows, shift point, the vss does some strange things to. like a jumpy speedo, shift weird and so on

1 - 12 of 12 Posts