Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a thread earlier about my new taurus that I got. Well, it has a little over 62000 miles now( An old lady owned it before me...looks new!). I noticed it had an oil change just before I bought it and that is good until 64500 miles. I was wondering what kind of maintenance if any I should perform. I have no clue if anything has been done to it at all, such as power steering flush etc. I have had a few problems with it though. I just fixed the door ajar/dome light problem with some spray duster and WD40. The rear passenger side wheel squeaks and I can hear a clicking noise. I am taking it to a local brake shop to have them evaluate it tomorrow. I also noticed that when I put the car in reverse the radio shuts off. Other than those this car has been perfect. Feel free to input your thoughts and suggestions.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
the radio shutting off in any gear is an early warning sign of a bad trans range sensor

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
well if you wait too long it can make the car go into limp home mode and you wont have anything beyond second gear iirc the trs is like less than 80 bucks i think or like 10 to 20 at a junkyard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts