Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im going to probably buy a new motor/trans if i need to for my 96 sable.. 1 question. i know its been covered but not very detailed. i want to put a 96 SHO yamaha motor into my sable. will be buying one used or probably out of a wrecked car. What all do i need to make this work? will i need a different tranny?
what about the engine computer? will it mount with the current motor mounts? i really want to know because i will do this myself if not much modifications. I can get a motor pretty cheap from a rear end wrecked 96 sho taurus.

J

·
0 Posts
Just take the entire 96 SHO subframe and bolt it right into your car. You should get all the harnesses out of the donor car and it should be pretty straightforward AFAIK. However, if you have a column shifter I believe all SHO's have floor shifters so that would be difficult to convert...

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Why would the shifter location play a role since they both bolt up to the tranny close to the same spot?

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Qwertz9586@Sep 20 2004, 09:52 PM
Why would the shifter location play a role since they both bolt up to the tranny close to the same spot?
I don't know the details but there may be a difference with the electronics and/or linkage, but I'm not sure...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.