Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty sure that the 2000 yr vulcan engine will work in a 96 sable wagon to replace the bad vulcan engine.
Other than the intake and a few other things being different is their anything else I should know.

Thanks

G

·
This is the best info I've gotten from Hollander exchanges from the junkyards:

The short block is the same, however 99-up heads are different. So, you could use the '00 short block and your heads, intake, etc.

I would think it would be easier to see if the manifold from the 96, and all the other accesories, would bolt up first though. No need to rip off the heads if you don't have to.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
everything will hook up properly with the exception of the speed sensor wire on the wiring harness. It's needs about 6 more inches of length to reach its designated plug. That's the only "problem" I ran into. Everything else is the same except the coil pack being on top of the "front" valve cover.

also, the upper intake manifold will be made of black composite material(s).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent info, I appreciate it! I think I,ll give the 2000 vulcan a shot.

Has anyone heard of the term "Take out engine"
The wrecking yard claims they have a New 2000 year vulcan engine that is a take out engine from a Taurus from Ford?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you saying that the 2000 could be swapped in the 96 body without any change other than a longer sensor lead?

That sounds too good to be true! What year swap did you do the same as I,m doing?

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
1996 to 2005 is basically the same car, just different body and interior, the rest is pretty much the same.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts