Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removing master cylinder in 96 Ford Taurus. Brake fluid sensor won't pull out. Don't see tabs on front or side that hold it. Anyone know how to remove it? Is there a special tool or technique?

Other problem is right bolt that holds cylinder to power booster. Such a tight space can't get socket or wrench in there to loosen it.

Would appreciate any tips or info to solve these two problems

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
The level sensor is likely part of the reservior. This means swap the reservoir.
I don't recall the nut being inaccessible on my '98 w/o ABS. It may require a box wrench rather than socket.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. A new master cylinder oniy has the slot or port where the brake fluid sensor plug goes into. My sensor plug is not part of the cylinder. It merely is inserted into it. On 96 the space to remove the right bolt holding cylinder on power booster is extremely tight. Maybe they changed it for the 98 model.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The level sensor is likely part of the reservior. This means swap the reservoir.
I don't recall the nut being inaccessible on my '98 w/o ABS. It may require a box wrench rather than socket.
Thanks for replying. My sensor just goes into slot on the cylinder so it is not actually part of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts