Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up this car from my uncle whom bought it from a charity auction. He drove it around the city where he lives with the overdrive never working. He was going to fix it but he doesn't have a garage to work on the transmission in, he told me it was transmission shift solenoid C which is up under the valve body in the transmission, I have been trolling forums trying to see if i could figure out what to do.

I was wondering if this is a really hard thing to fix, or is pretty easy to get to. I know when you work on transmissions you have to be very careful not to screw anything up.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Other than the transmission issue I have to change both front wheel bearings and it needs front brakes badly but I've done all that stuff before on other cars. The driver door jamb switch is broken. Is it located under the door panel? I couldn't find where it was on the jamb at all. That shouldn't be too hard to find, just a weird nuisance. Other then those little things everything works in the car, The A/C was just recharged so I need to see if it lasts (hoping theres no leaks in the system). And it needs a brake line on the driver side i couldnt see exactly where it was leaking but the puddle was right under the drivers door about halfway down the car.

Thanks again! and also this is a REALLY great site I love the community! :clap:

·
Registered
200 Posts
And it needs a brake line on the driver side i couldnt see exactly where it was leaking but the puddle was right under the drivers door about halfway down the car.

Thanks again! and also this is a REALLY great site I love the community! :clap:
Plan on changing both brakes lines that run from the drivers footwell all the way to the rear axle on the drivers side.
One of my lines (on my 96 Sable) rusted out last year and the other line that run in parallel right next to it fell apart after just touching it. These brakes lines are not corrosion protected at this location under the car (not one of Fords better idea). The replacement lines that were put in were corrosion protected lines. The price we rust belt owners have to pay with our cars.

k8crd

1 - 3 of 3 Posts