Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Broke my drive side mirror backing down this long road. My color is Rose Mist, I think the code is G something. It's the purple one that transitions. I would also accept black, it wouldn't look too bad. It's heated and powered.
If anyone knows of some around, or has one, let me know.
Thanks.

·
Registered
23,575 Posts
Might try a self service salvage yard. That rose mist is going to be hard to find and/or dupicate at a body/paint shop. Iirc, only used on 96 models. Imo, it and royal blue are the 2 prettiest ford colors!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Where are you located?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Located in oregon. Just not a lot of salvage yards around my area, which limits the time I can spend looking around myself. With two jobs and school full time I just dont have the time or ability to take a day long trip up the 5 for one.

And again, black would be fine, however then I'd want both so the passenger side would match.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a pic of the damage. I'm going to try some epoxy seal, because I know how hard this color is to find.

Attachments

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Oh man, too bad this wasn't posted sooner. I painted a pair I had 2 weeks ago to match my Moonlight Blue LX...:homer:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well if I'd known then, I would have made an effort not to break it in the first place :p

If you needed it anyway, no big.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I'll see if I can make my way over to Pull A Part in the AM. Mirror will probably be 8 or 9 with a warranty. Add another $10-15 to ship it.

·
Premium Member
14,127 Posts
I may have a good one. I'll check in the daylight.

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,410 Posts
As a last resort...I saw one(rosemist) in my local yard about 3 weeks ago. Could still be there. Just let me know.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
No pink bulls were there.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@ Dan: That's exactly what she looks like, only stock wheels. How did she pass?

@ Bull: Any black ones with both mirrors by chance? I was thinking going Ebay, but I'd prefer OEM.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Mine was a GL, so those are stock wheels also. I let the CPS squeak a little too long (Vulcan engine), lost the oil pump and seized the motor. She also had terminal rust at major points (lots of winter road salt used in upstate NY), so she was done. Kept her wheels, audio, exterior lighting parts (all of them, I'm a hardcore G3 lover), and as you know, the side mirrors. Rose Mist is a rare 1 year only color, specially produced to mark the first year a Taurus was run in NASCAR (along with a Gun Metal chromatic color also), with it's major body design changes from the boxier and less aerodynamic G2. GL's were most common in quantity, then LX's, and then the very rare Rose Mist V-8 SHO (IIRC, 58 were built. I have chased 2, so far, one didn't even have an engine). Almost every one sold was ordered in that color (love it or hate it!) with the exception of a few that dealers ordered, gambling that they could sell a Taurus that color. I did manage to find a local pro paint supplier that mixed me up a quart of matching touch-up for $100, expensive paint! I love my loaded 96 LX Tec now, but Rosie was pretty! I always wanted to put an SHO stock whale-tail spoiler on her. Last I heard, her last run was at the NYS Fair demolition derby. Where are you? I have cousins in The Dalles OR.

Real men drive a Barbie colored Taurus.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Actually around The Dalles. Little farther north and west. It's still a day long trip to go to the pick and pull up in Portland. Trying to get tomorrow off in order to go.

I didn't know that was the reason to only making the Rose Mist one year. Have you had luck with repainting it? I'm concerned if I ever get in a wreck, it would all be lost.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have one in a JY about an hour away. This was a few weeks ago. I pulled the visors off of it as they had the dual visors so you can put the main on the side window and still have one for the windshield. The passenger mirror also pulls down from the visor. I think its the coolest thing but oh well. Anyway, I was thinking about another trip this weekend and I will check. Either way, sounds like I should pull them anyway.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@ Chris: Yeah, the dual visors are nice. I hit myself in the head with them a lot though :/
That would be nice if you could pull them. If it's rose mist, I only need the driver side. PM me if you can get them. I'm headed up to the one in Portland later today, so if I get anything I'll let you know to save you the money.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Managed to grab a black one from the pick n pull. Now just to see if my local paint shop can duplicate Rose Mist :/ If not, I might have to go back so I can get another one, and paint them both black.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts