Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to club so any help is appreciated. I have a 96 se with vulcan eng. and ax4n trans. 183,000 miles on it. Blown head gasket and very week trans. I found a 99 with vulcan eng 57000 miles but the tranny is stamped axod. It is all bolted on the sub frame with every thing there. It also has the eecm box. can I just drop my sub frame and bolt this 99 sub frame in. Thank You.

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
There is a guide at the top of the topics as to what will swap and where. I know ur new to the club, but look a little bit more, or search :) Welcome, as for your question, I believe everything should be a direct swap, read the guid e to be sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply Zeptoplix, I found the engine info but couldnt find any thing about the 99GL subframe,shock towers and all that, I believe it to all work but would like to here that from someone that knows for sure. thanks again,

B

·
0 Posts
It's a direct bolt in. Swap the PCM (computer) as well, to make sure there's no issues with the trans control.

If you need any more help, feel free to post!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Bob, Is the pcm and eec-v the same thing? if not where is the pcm located at? Thanks again.

B

·
0 Posts
The PCM is located in the firewall. EEC-V is the engine management system name Ford uses. We're talking about the same part though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts