Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a wagon wiper/washer switch (for the rear hatch). How do these buttons work? Do you have to push and hold for the function/feature to work? Do the wipers you just push the button to turn on and it stays wiping at a rate of X until either the car is turned off or the button is pressed again? How does the wiper sprayer work? May be reassigning some functions of my sedan to use the factory looking button setup.

Thanks!

Picture of wiring diagram (I do have partial harness):

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
I recently acquired a wagon wiper/washer switch (for the rear hatch). How do these buttons work? Do you have to push and hold for the function/feature to work? Do the wipers you just push the button to turn on and it stays wiping at a rate of X until either the car is turned off or the button is pressed again? How does the wiper sprayer work? May be reassigning some functions of my sedan to use the factory looking button setup.

Thanks!

Picture of wiring diagram (I do have partial harness):
there is two buttons one button (closest to the door) you push once it stays on wipes every min then there is the other one you push and hold and it will squirt washer fluid on the window and run the wiper blade i hope this helps

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is two buttons one button (closest to the door) you push once it stays on wipes every min then there is the other one you push and hold and it will squirt washer fluid on the window and run the wiper blade i hope this helps
OK so it has no special settings the wiper is either on, swipe, then off for 59 seconds until it goes again. And you have to push & hold button for rear sprayer? Hmm. If you turn car off and turn car back on, will the rear wiper stay on if you left the control on next time you crank the car up?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hmm. If you turn car off and turn car back on, will the rear wiper stay on if you left the control on next time you crank the car up?
No, if the rear wiper was left running (on position) and then you shut off the engine, upon restarting the rear wiper will not be running (or come back on) !

k8crd

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool thanks for the info k8crd!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts