Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had new springs, strut mounts with bearings, and struts put on. Now car rides better and seems tighter going over bumps and potholes. Problem now is when coming off a dead stop and punching the gas, a noticeable shimmy/shudder occurs from the front end. In other words, the front shakes when moderate to hard torque is applied to the drivetrain. Anybody have a clue as to what happened. All I know is i had worn out struts that didnt shake under torque, so why would new springs/dtruts/mounts do something like this. Also,I dont know if this is related but the car shakes quite bad at 60MPH on up. Its always done that since I owned it, I assumed new struts would cure it, but instead I added a problem, which is shaking on a takeoff from a dead stop. PLEASE REPLY if you think you might know is wrong. Thank You.

G

·
For the shaking above 60, it could be tire balance, a bad tire, or a combination of both. The ball joint (lower control arm) could also cause both problems if it's worn, but that should have been checked when the struts were done. Also, there's the lower control arm bushings, and strut rod bushings, that could be worn. Again, those things should have been checked, but sometimes they're missed.

Another thing to check is the axle nut. Make sure it's tight, that could cause shaking under acceleration.

Did the car get an alignment after doing all the work?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YEP they put new strut rod bushings on with the new struts and springs. I did Not have it aligned after the work was done. It doesnt pull at all

1 - 3 of 3 Posts