Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 95 Taurus se with 70000 miles from the original owner.the car has been garaged its whole life.i just found out the led in the spoiler doesn't work.anybody know how to repair or replace the led third brake light.im looking for a source to buy one if available....ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT THANX.CELL NO. 8052203780

·
Super Moderator
7,912 Posts
Failed LED strips are typically a cold solder joint somewhere on the LED board.

Not quite the same, but a few months ago when the HMSL / CHSL failed in the wifes 06 SE Vulcan I disassembled the HMSL to get the LED board out, found a red LED strip (solid, not flexible LED tape) about the same length as the original on Ebay for a few $$, and used JB Weld to put the new strip in the original HMSL housing. Did have to grind out some of the original LED strip mounting points to get the new strip to fit right. New one is significantly brighter than the original.

·
Registered
594 Posts
a few months ago when the HMSL / CHSL failed in the wifes 06 SE Vulcan I disassembled the HMSL to get the LED board out, found a red LED strip (solid, not flexible LED tape) about the same length as the original on Ebay for a few $$, and used JB Weld to put the new strip in the original HMSL housing. Did have to grind out some of the original LED strip mounting points to get the new strip to fit right. New one is significantly brighter than the original.
So that was you I got stuck behind at the lights and had to put my sunglasses on at 11pm!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts