Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on a 2nd Gen 95 SE at the shop right now..... A.. 95... SE? I have seen MANY Bulls over the years, but this is the first time I have seen one of these.
Disco balls, SHO spoiler, SHO leather buckets, LX stle Alloys, A VULCAN!!!!! I expected at least an Essex..... Even has SE floor mats. Were there many of these out in the greater US?

Just got my curiousity piqued.

Michael

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
It probably sold more than the L but less than the GL. You summed up it's features though. Nicely equipped car, esp with the console shifter. What's all that on the car's roof?

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Kind of funny because the later SE models took the place of the GL.

I believe you could get the '95 SE with just about every SHO option except for the moon roof. (and engine of course)

·
Banned
323 Posts
I never knew this, but the 'SE' was a sport model of the Taurus that was on the '95 year only.

..."1995, the last year of the second-generation Taurus/Sable, saw the debut of the Taurus SE. This was essentially a sporty Taurus Sedan that featured alloy wheels, bucket seats and a console. "

I thought the first 'SE' model appeared in 1998. Just goes to show ya.

·
Banned
323 Posts
It probably sold more than the L but less than the GL. You summed up it's features though. Nicely equipped car, esp with the console shifter. What's all that on the car's roof?
Looks like there isn't a windshield in it, so it may be related items...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am installing a windshield, and both door glasses on the drivers side. Looks like vandals, or a domestic situation....I don't ask.....
It surprised me because it had SHO type seats especially. At first glance, it looked like a 95 LX with the other items, but a Vulcan?... console, LX alloys, spoiler,and all the rest was a shock!
At least now I do know that this WAS a true all inclusive package. Thanks, Sheila, for confirming what looked to be a car that WAS a factory package right down to the floor mats. It is a shame what it looks like today........

Michael

·
Registered
23,363 Posts
^ Never got stuck in my gen2 vulcans but have several times in my gen3 tecs. Dunno, record snowfalls, tires, too much power, drive like a chick, lol???!

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
^ Never got stuck in my gen2 vulcans but have several times in my gen3 tecs. Dunno, record snowfalls, tires, too much power, drive like a chick, lol???!
LOL! Pretty funny, I did mention that I have never gotten a Taurus stuck in snow, even my Tec; now, my wife on the other hand...

·
Registered
109 Posts
I as well second the "never being stuck" crowd. I actually complain a little, because it's no fun to drive a Taurus in snow. It just goes through and is completely undramatic. Where's the adventure in that?

Adding to the SE group, I used to have one of those 95 SE's also. I sold it for $100 though when the transmission went (@196K) because I thought ti wasn't worth anything. Goes to show you I should have come here first eh?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts