Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious about theis car I saw in the boneyard. It had a 3.0, discoballs, sho seats front and back, spoiler and rear disks. Trim said it was an SE. I didn't think any of that stuff came on a gen ii slo.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
SE was a 1995-only trim package that was sportier than the GL, but not as highly equipped as the LX. Its probably my favorite Taurus thus far.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Yup. I'd always wanted a '95 SE if I couldn't find a SHO. There's a Moonlight Blue one here in Enid that I heard. There's also a silver one.

Also, FWIW, my old '95 GL had rear discs..

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yup. I'd always wanted a '95 SE if I couldn't find a SHO. There's a Moonlight Blue one here in Enid that I heard. There's also a silver one.

Also, FWIW, my old '95 GL had rear discs..
[/b]

my 95 GL has rear disks as well

·
COTM Advisor
1,013 Posts
SE/LTS was a 1995 only option.

My GL has rear discs as well.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
What the hell... how come my 95GL has rear drums? :dunno:
Maybe it was an early 95? :glare:

·
COTM Advisor
1,013 Posts
IIRC, mine was built in 11/94.

4 wheel disc was an option I believe.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
All ABS-equipped gen II's had 4-wheel disk. My '93 GL parts car had rear disk, I had planned to swap them over to the "real" '93 GL when I swapped engines, but ended up selling them both as a pair without swapping anything but a belt tensioner that my "real" car needed to keep running/driving before I bought the '99 Saturn.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Ive seen a few 95 SE's around. A car salesman showed me one once, he refered to it as a "poor man's SHO". I didnt really appreciate that comment, but he was a dumbass anyway.
Ive never seen a Sable LTS, except in pictures. I'd love to own either one.

Dave

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
I've seen 94 LTS's before... unless they were lying :glare:
[/b]
I seem to remember something about the LTS being a mid-year '94 thing.

The SE was pretty much a GL with a bunch of SHO cosmetic options (which must be the reason that almost all of them were saddled with the Vulcan?). The LTS was a loaded LS with some special features added on.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
<div class='quotemain'> ... he refered to it as a "poor man's SHO".

Dave [/b]

Car & Driver once called the V6-equipped Tempo GLS "the poor-man's SHO".

My mom's '97 Sable GS with ABS has rear disk.
[/b][/quote]

I don't know about the Sable, but the rear discs on the Taurus were cost cutting deletes in 98 or 99... I don't think any G4s have stock rear disc brakes?

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Taurus rear discs went away in mid-year '99...if you've got ABS and drums, it must be a late-build '99. :)

My old '93 GL \had 4-wheel discs too, they were indeed an option and came with ABS.

·
Registered
971 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> ... he refered to it as a "poor man's SHO".

Dave [/b]

Car & Driver once called the V6-equipped Tempo GLS "the poor-man's SHO".

My mom's '97 Sable GS with ABS has rear disk.
[/b][/quote]

I don't know about the Sable, but the rear discs on the Taurus were cost cutting deletes in 98 or 99... I don't think any G4s have stock rear disc brakes?
[/b][/quote]

Gen4 sedans did not have rear discs, only the wagons were able to have rear disc brakes....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts