Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question here I think I know the answer to.

This morning when I pulled my 95 Taurus into work I pulled up too far onto the railroad tie separating parking lots, it snowed a lot and couldn't see it. I backed it off and then went into work. When I left for lunch and came back I noticed a nice red trail where I had backed out to go to lunch. Being as I'm in my office clothes I couldn't get under to check.

I suppose I dinged up my power steering pump. It was making noise and I could tell needed fluid added before this morning, so I didn't notice any difference there.

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
Question here I think I know the answer to.

This morning when I pulled my 95 Taurus into work I pulled up too far onto the railroad tie separating parking lots, it snowed a lot and couldn't see it. I backed it off and then went into work. When I left for lunch and came back I noticed a nice red trail where I had backed out to go to lunch. Being as I'm in my office clothes I couldn't get under to check.

I suppose I dinged up my power steering pump. It was making noise and I could tell needed fluid added before this morning, so I didn't notice any difference there.
You're sure it isn't tranny fluid? How many P/S pipes are there in the front of the car? I don't have one that old.

·
Registered
23,814 Posts
Yeah, youve got tranny and ps cooler lines/hoses running in the front down there. Funny, just 2 days ago i had to snug a hose clamp on the small tranny line i noticed was seeping while doing an oil change.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.