Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
95 Taurus GL w/ Bad Engine and Rebuilt Tranny (SOLD)

Selling a silver 1995 Taurus GL, 3.8 V6 automatic with blue cloth interior, column shift, a clean title and 108,000 miles.

First the bad. The engine is toast, the oil pan quickly fills up with gas and there's no real power, hard to start if it starts at all, won't idle. The fuel pressure regulator was bad (which I replaced, but far too late) for some time so I assume it washed down the cylinder walls and now the rings are shot. And after we lent it to someone before it was retired it was a smoker's car for a brief time but they smoked with the windows up so the interior smells heavily of smoke and there's some coffee stains.

The neutral. We were told by one garage the cats were clogged so they were lopped off and replaced with a straight pipe since cash was tight, that wasn't the issue. Whether that's good or bad is up to you.

And finally the good. The transmission was completely rebuilt by AAMCO shortly before it was retired, we were told the transmission was the issue by another garage, so we had it rebuilt and found out that it wasn't the problem, it was the engine all along. The A/C blew cold when it was parked last. The body is rust free as far as I can tell and other than being dirty only has one ding on the rear passenger side wheel arch (center picture below) and the previous owner used a small screw to reattach the the upper chrome trim on the rear passenger side door.

I'm asking $750 OBO Willing to part out to an extent, as long as you can remove it yourself as I don't have all the necessary tools, will not transport, local pickup only, you will need a roll-back or trailer. Located in Spring Hill, Florida 34609.

SOLD behind my back for $200, OBO didn't need to be much to beat that :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts