Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 95 with low miles in great condition as a "get to work car". This winter the rear struts seemed to just freeze up and the suspention was solid. Above 32 degrees and it was mushy but fine. I know I broke a spring and have to replace them, which leads me to my questions.
We have one of thoughs "you remove it" junk yards near me, and I walked through it to find at least 50 Taurus' most with front end damage. The tires are off all and the rear strut selection is large.
Is there a list compatibile parts for 95, and is it going to worth it to attempt to remove them with just brut force. I have seen soom removed, even rear windows broken to get to the top bolts.
Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
All rear struts from 89-95 will work.

IS it worth it? Probably not. If you act quickly you can get 4 Monroe Sensatracs from Rockauto on wholesale closeout for 31 bucks each. Buy 4 and get an 80 rebate from monroe. Works out to be about 44 bucks before shipping for 4 brand new struts.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Or you can be patient and get a set of Konis and Intrax coils for $150 total at the junkyard. B)

But I did not score that prize. :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone, I have to decide, it is unsafe at any speed. I started tearing it a part today. Probably will buy new or check junk yards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts