Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading taurusandmarauder's thread about these springs. Interested in doing it, but cautious because last I saw the ride was harsh.

Some things I saw during my research (I have access to NAPA catalogs)

NAPA 95 springs show 137 lbs (#2775318)
NAPA 96-06 springs show 94 lbs (#2773295)

86-95 rear Sensa-trac strut (#71780)
94-07 rear sensa-trac strut (#71616) (I know the 95/95 years overlap)

94-07 quick-strut (#171616)
(how does 1 number replace 2 diff struts with diff spring rates? What spring do they really use?)

T&M said the ride was harsh (with 98 struts), so I was thinking about using the struts that match the year of the springs

KYB has GR-2 struts for:
94-95 (#334325)
96-99 (#332169)
00-07 (#334294)

SO.....anyone have a 94-95 bull with KYB GR-2 struts? How is the ride?

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
The KYB suck for the Gen1/2 to be honest. They ONLY do okay with stock springs and that is about it. I would do Monroes ANY day over KYB for Gen1/2.

Those years for the part numbers are a joke. It really sucks how they can not get the years right.

It is ONLY:
86-95
96-07

That is the only years. Anything else and they do not know what they are talking about.

The Gen 1/2 springs rear springs are not very harsh. I am running Intrax springs which I do not find too be too bad and they are even stiffer.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I put the moog progressive rate springs (cargo coil?) that are listed for the earlier gen with sensatrac struts in my '00 SE because I wanted a firmer ride and didn't want it to start sagging again in another 20K miles. They installed easily and the ride height went back up to about 1/4" high over stock but after about 2 weeks I checked again and it had settled in to exactly stock ride height. It definately feels firmer but considering I had 150K miles on the original coils and struts, one spring was broken and the other was sagging 1-1/2 inch, it's not really a fair comparison. It feels very sure footed and I can have adult passengers in the back with little noticable sag (try that with your stock Taurus!). What is more noticeable to me than the ride stiffness in the back is how bad my front struts feel now. Overall I would do it again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts