Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am in need of your help. my 95 Ford Taurus stalled out on my wife coming home from work. I had it towed home and i have been working on it for two weeks now. the car is not getting any spark or fuel pressure. i have traced it down to what i found, iam not getting any volts to pin # 8 at the CCRM. i followed the wire to where it goes into the ECM, with a volt meter set on continuity and i get perfect continuity. i have been told its comes from the ignition switch, so i took the plastic cover off under the dash and brace above that and the small cross brace. i removed the wiring harness and looked at all the pins for corroded or broken terminals but they all look good. so i put them back together. wires in harness looked good also. check all fuses under the hood none where blown. i removed the two screws holding the fuse block to the back of firewall, removed bottom cover of fuse block and inspected all wires. they all look perfect. nothing broken or corroded. so i thought do a continuity test on all those fuses. they all tested perfect, so i put the block all back together. so i thought check the fuses under dash, samething they all test perfect continuity. none where blown. any help would be very appreciated. the car cranks and turns over but will not start.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
QUOTE (WillieH @ Jun 6 2010, 11:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=810052
Just want to share an information lazerblade. Mercury has seen its final days. It has been officially announced that Ford will no longer be creating the Ford Mercury automobile. The design isn't really creating enough cash to keep it in production. The auto has been around for decades, and has had its fair share of time. The only remaining question, is the Mercury planning to turn into a classic auto, or an old piece of junk? Oh, and now how prolonged until finding parts for my Mercury is going to be next to impossible. Hopefully that doesn't happen until I get rid of my vehicle.[/b]
Mercury? That's kinda a random post to someone who is asking for assistance. :dunno:

And you have a 97 3.2 Yamaha? Did you do motor swap? If not, the 97 SHO had the 3.4L Yamaha.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK i will try this as a supporter. my car is getting no spark or fuel. i have bought 4 CCRM. i only have two now because they take they old ones for core charge. i replaced my ECM with one i bought from a salvage yard. i replaced the ignition switch and the tumbler. i bought a new coil, ICM, still no spark no fuel. i can run a wire from positive side of battery back to the inertial switch plug and pump runs perfect. i did a continuity test on pin 5 at CCRM back to the inertial switch wire and continuity is perfect. if i turn key just a little, but not all the way to on i can get the CEL light to come on an for some reason the fan runs. but when i turn the key to the on position all my lights are on, but the CEL, and the fan still on. so i unhooked my ECM and tried the same thing with the key and i could not get the CEL light to come on. don't know if this helps but thought i would tell you. i check the ground strap at fire wall and to motor and clean and tightened both connections. ground wire from negative side of battery going down to engine block cleaned and tightened that also. when turn key to on position, pin 12, 24, 8, 13, i get 12 volts at the CCRM. any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
You might want to hook it up to an OBD-I scanner to see if you can pull any codes. My brother got me one for about $30, and it does help when all other options fail.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh yeah i found a broken wire that feeds pin 8 at CCRM just under the radiator but i fixed that. also i put a new fuel pump in it also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts