Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the 3rd one of these I have done and they always present some kind of serius challenge. I have made all the way to removing the 3 bolts that hold the heater box to the firewall, I am trying to remove the heater box but it seems to be stuck. I don't think I am missing any bolts?
Had to take a break and re-group.
Anyone got any Ideas?B)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Heater Core removal

After some hard pulling it came out. It was stuck to the rubber matting against the fire wall. There still is very limited room to get the box out of the vehicle on the glove box side but I was able to manuever it out. I plan to do some modifications to the box so it will be easier to install.:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
94 Taurus Heater core replacement

I was able to make some modifications to the heater box by following another post I saw in here. Once the box was removed from the car. I used a hacksaw blade and seperated it into two halves, one with the heater core and one with the AC and blower motor. The installation was a breeze and used duct tape to seal the crack between the two. If I have to replace the heater core again I will not have to remove the AC/freon and blower motor, I can just remove the heater core half and cut the time down to about 3 hours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.