Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi . I have a 94 Taurus that died while idling and now just cranks but won't start. Here's what I've found so far.

1. Tries to start when starting fluid sprayed in air intake.
2.fuel pressure checks good.
3. Used noid light to check for injector pulses and that checked good.(although I don't know what the duration of the pulses are, just that they are getting to injectors)
4. spark plugs look good, but they were dry when I pulled them after cranking.
5. disconnected the TPS, MAF sensor, MAP sensor, DPFE sensor but none had any affect.

Also, someone dumped a lot of water in the tank at some point. I was checking fuel at shrader valve and noticed it wasn't fuel but mostly water. I pumped 5 gallons of water out of the tank through the fuel pump. Finally I got fuel and continued to pump until I no longer got any water. I put some in a bottle several times to see if it would separate but it seems like pure fuel now. It looks a bit cloudy and has no yellow tint to it, which I thought was odd, but it feels and smells like pure fuel. I put a few bottles of dry gas in the tank also, and changed the fuel filter.
I just don't understand why, even if there was water in the fuel, I would have dry plugs.
Didn't mean to write a book here, but wanted to give all the information I have.
Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be my problem?

·
Registered
388 Posts
My money is on an auction purchased LA or AL flood car with major electrical damage form the water.
The US is absolutely SATURATED with flood cars right now.
REALLY got to be careful gang. Those nice looking cheap cars with new carpet and seat covers are sometimes covering up some SERIOUS stuff :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My money is on an auction purchased LA or AL flood car with major electrical damage form the water.
REALLY got to be careful gang. Those nice looking cheap cars with new carpet and seat covers are sometimes covering up some SERIOUS stuff :(
[/b]

I bought this car for my daughter back in April,and it ran fine up until recently. I'm keeping it at my place while she's at college, and just drive it around once a week or so. I live in what used to be a quiet condo complex, but lately some college kids have been renting here, and I think maybe they decided to have some fun and fill someone's tank with 4-5 gallons of water while they were wandering around drunk at 2 or 3 in the morning. That's my only explanation for it, but of course I can't prove it.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

I bought this car for my daughter back in April,and it ran fine up until recently. I'm keeping it at my place while she's at college, and just drive it around once a week or so. I live in what used to be a quiet condo complex, but lately some college kids have been renting here, and I think maybe they decided to have some fun and fill someone's tank with 4-5 gallons of water while they were wandering around drunk at 2 or 3 in the morning. That's my only explanation for it, but of course I can't prove it.
[/b][/quote]
Well, i'd start by getting the tank completely empty, then adding some new fuel with gasline antifreeze to help get rid of any more water in there. While you're at it, make sure you're getting spark - it's one thing to say the plugs look fine, but are they actually firing when you crank it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I am getting a spark, although it's a yellow spark and doesn't seem all that strong. The spark at the coil is bright blue, so I'm going to check/replace the distributor cap. I just don't understand why the plugs aren't getting wet if I have fuel pressure, injector pulses. Hard to believe all 6 injectors got clogged at the same time.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Wow that sucks. People amaze me some times.
What purpose is there in filling some ones tank up with water?
Ass holes.

Run their asses over and drag them behind the car. :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts