Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awhile back I was in a quest to search the rare crystal headlights off an LX model. I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before but someone here mentioned that there are 2 different versions of the LX headlights. If memory serves, one was with capsules the other adjustable. Can someone choose me the right path so it can be an upgrade to my 94 GL, Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
wowwwww fucking wow

where can i get the disco bal model it look great and it must really light up the night cuz damn the light of a taurus car are not that great at night driving

since ive had some bad experience with fog i would rather change the main light plus add some fog ?

at leastmy 89 taurus with is big square light where not that bad ! lol

so i have to order some light for the taurus from a taurus 94 95 lx and it should have disco ball light cuz here i can get some head light directly from a distributor wich is called monidex and get some copied part cheap or get themm from the scrap ?

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
coll thanks ill check into this and and ill hope to find some from the scrap

or ill check it at auto car part they are some from the rebuild

or ill see ?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Originally posted by mooby@Oct 24 2004, 04:25 PM
wowwwww fucking wow

where can i get the disco bal model it look great and it must really light up the night cuz damn the light of a taurus car are not that great at night driving

since ive had some bad experience with fog i would rather change the main light plus add some fog ?

at leastmy 89 taurus with is big square light where not that bad ! lol

so i have to order some light for the taurus from a taurus 94 95 lx and it should have disco ball light cuz here i can get some head light directly from a distributor wich is called monidex and get some copied part cheap or get themm from the scrap ?
According to a Car and Driver test the light output of the "Disco ball" lights is LESS than that of the normal lights. If you're wanting more light, DO NOT install the Disco Ball lights.

Mark
95 SHO

·
Registered
959 Posts
Now, here's my version of the question... did the Sable/SHO come with discoballs in Gen2? I'm swapping from the GL bumper and lights to the SHO bumper and lights, and them thar discoballs wud luk mighteeee purty...

:lol2:

·
Premium Member
615 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Yeah, like 95Se said, Sable/SHOs didn't get discoballs even though they are "higher up" than a regular Taurus.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
yup, silverstars.. I had some "off road" lights that looked cooler, but they didn't put out hardly any light.

Fogs are silverstar too..

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
O.K., i see a couple of probelms here.
first, 94taurus02edge, Qwertz was correct with his answer to you, you will need the retainers if you are going to use the lx/se lights.

now 1st problem, trikt, in order for you to use a gen2 SHO bumper on your GL you will also have to swap out the header panel from that of a gen2 sable.

next, markus, i'd like to see that test because i've never heard of "disco light " bulbs.
when we refer to "disco lights" we are talking about the headlight assemblies. the real reason we call them "disco balls" is because of the way the reflectors are made. not flaming or trying to sound mean just didn't know if you knew. i have not heard of ANY member that has switched from stock assemblies to crystalline(clear) that has not had an improvement in the amount of light emmitted, even when using stock bulbs. i know personaly that i switched to the silverstar bulbs about 3 months before i got my clear lenses, and i still saw a big difference in light transmittal, when i finally installed the clear lenses it was like night and day. so for them to say there is actually less light emitted, would be really weird.
and yes !!!!!!!!</span>
.JPG]http://www.superford.org/getfile/127921/fullsize/TDS1[1].JPG' alt='' width='77' height='49' class='attach' />[/url]
[url=http://www.superford.org/getfile/142082/fullsize/2003_0202Image0002.JPG][img]http://www.superford.org/getfile/142082/fullsize/2003_0202Image0002.JPG' alt='' width='565' height='424' class='attach' />[/url]

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rudedog, Quertz, Thanks for the info. Yes i'll get the retainers. At first i just thought the Disco ball headlights were a straight swap out with the same connection between the GL and LX/SE's. Speaking of which being that the car's 11 years old the retainer/connections are rusted which I can't budge it even with WD-40 haha.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
so illl guess i can just get those light at the scrap but i doubt there are still gonna be good and at worse i could get them new or from replacement part ? and where do i get clear corner that would be nice

here nobody have nice taurus thay all are rusted up mine is not bad

but no $$ to do what i want on it snifff

:(

but with those headlight and my 100 w bulb wow i could see the dolly lama in the dark :D

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
wow first propart are selling something but it is not a clear corner it something else doesnt look like the one under wich is for same model

and for the price wow the pro one is like 100 for the same headlight as the other one that **** up is is like 45 or so wow big difference for same light

anyway thanks but ill check here in canada if i can get something
if now ill get them from headlight and check if those are really my corner but it gonna cost me canadian money + shipping hummnot good lolllll

anyway thanks

ps youre dash is really cool how can i do that it so cool and neat congrat

me im not that patient

ill do part that are already done ijust have toinstall but no way im gonna do a dash so ifyou do one for me how much ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts