Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have a 1993 Taurus that I'm trying to get legal for my girlfriend to use as a work car for this winter.

Around last Thanksgiving I rear ended a car and it left my passenger side headlight intact But somehow broke apart the piece that holds it and the turn signal in place.

I didn't have it repaired..but i was able to get it to stay in place with duct tape and some zip ties...But this is obviously not legal and will not pass inspection. I got a new car shortly after this happened so i never worried too much about it.

So, my question is..what is the piece called that the headlight actually sits in?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
i cant picture what part you are talking about. when you say the piece that holds do you mean the core support? if you can upload some pics that would be great.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Headlamp

Andrew: :rolleyes2:
It's called a "HEADLAMP MOUNTING PANEL" which goes across front end. You can pick one up in junk yard complete, they don't like to take the individual pieces out of it. Just replaced one on my 94gl, about a 2 hr. job if your mechanically inclined, if not, find someone to do it brcause it's rather involved. Good luck,
david :rolleyes2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts