Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thought someone might know, is bolt pattern same on vulcan and essex or even same size flywheel

·
Banned
17 Posts
The entirety of the Passage models secured by this article utilize an electric fuel siphon and on the off chance that you've been driving a vehicle for any length of life, you realize that fuel siphons don't keep going forever. Yet, fuel siphons are by all account not the only part of the fuel framework that can fall flat.
Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

·
Registered
195 Posts
thought someone might know, is bolt pattern same on vulcan and essex or even same size flywheel
The only thing I can tell you for sure is that the Vulcan is used in both vehicles. We also know that the Essex bolts to the same transaxle as the Vulcan in the Taurus. The variables here are going to be in the Bell Housing bolt pattern, and whether the engine design changes between front and rear wheel drive. Maybe @Jeff K (a Ford Tech) can help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The entirety of the Passage models secured by this article utilize an electric fuel siphon and on the off chance that you've been driving a vehicle for any length of life, you realize that fuel siphons don't keep going forever. Yet, fuel siphons are by all account not the only part of the fuel framework that can fall flat.
Tutuapp 9apps Showbox
Pretty cool solution. awesome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only thing I can tell you for sure is that the Vulcan is used in both vehicles. We also know that the Essex bolts to the same transaxle as the Vulcan in the Taurus. The variables here are going to be in the Bell Housing bolt pattern, and whether the engine design changes between front and rear wheel drive. Maybe @Jeff K (a Ford Tech) can help.
Taurus donor car is wagon with essex 3.8

·
Registered
195 Posts
1993 i think
Some things to note:
1) The Aerostar in 1993 used the 3.0 Vulcan engine (shared with the Taurus and Ranger), or the 4.0 Cologne Engine, shared with the Ranger. The transmission used in the Aerostar was the A4LD.
2) The 1993 Taurus used the 3.0 Vulcan or the 3.8 Essex engines. The only transmission available was the AXODE.
3) Ranger owners have batted around the idea of putting a 3.0 Duratec (used from 1996-2004 in the Taurus), but have determined that it will not bolt up to the A4LD.
4) According to this link: List of Ford bellhousing patterns - Wikipedia The Vulcan and Essex engines use the same bolt pattern. It appears, however, that the Cologne 4.0 does NOT share that pattern.

It seems to me that the A4LD will not bolt up to the Essex engine. @Jeff K Does the A4LD have a removable bellhousing? Would the OP be able to GET a bellhousing for the A4LD that would mate up to the Essex? That, Pappy, is going to be your biggest variable. If the A4LD has a removable bellhousing, and you can get a bellhousing for it for the Essex engine, you're good to go. If not, you're sunk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts