Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, my car is a 93 sable gs with a 3.8 and some wierd stuff has been happening with the lights and electical systems. First, the headlights stay on all the time even when you pull out the key and turn the headlight swich. I checked all the fuses and there all ok. all the turn signals, break lights, reverse lights work. Second, none of the interior lights work including the gauge lights. the radio dosnt work, the clock dosnt work, the horn dosnt work and the check engine and airbag lights go on and off at will. Anybody have any ideas? my dad thought it might be the daytime running light module because it a canadian car but we cant find it because all the info is for american cars. Can anybody HELP?

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
This is easy. Your Radio fuse is blown. I did the same thing one time when I was installing a radio kit into my Taurus. It freaked me out bad! I was like, WHAT HAPPENED TO MY GAUGES!!! Check and make sure that none of the other fuses are blown also. I'm not sure on the headlight issue, but I would check and see if the switch is bad first on that. Just pull the wiring harness off of the back of the switch and if they cut off, there is your problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts