Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i picked up a 92 sho mtx for cheap 'cause it was running rough. but it would always start and run. i soon discovered it had a dead bank in the coil, 2 and 6 no fire. so, i changed the coil. same problem. i had a spare dis module on the spare engine that came with the car and put that on. car wouldn't start at all. put the old module back on and still wont start. it has'nt started since then. i have voltage to the red wire at the coil. i've gone over all the ground wires. i tested the crank sensor, seems good, not sure if i'm testing properly, i ohmed across all the terminals and compared the readings to 2 other crank sensors, got all the same readings. i was thinking maybe a broken wire somewhere? all wires at their plugs look good. i figured out that the coil signal wires come from the dis module and they're all good. most of the sensors have a red w/green wire on them that is hot when the key is on like the coil. i need a ignition diagram to figure any more out. could i have toasted the computer somehow? any advise would be greatly appreciated. and thanks already for getting this far. i know it's alot to ingest.

·
'MT5 Plus' Wagon Builder
1,235 Posts
Is the ignition module bolted on the intake so it's grounded? Simple mistake to swap out modules to test and not bolt it in place, especially the two bottom bolts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, major. you were right about the bolts in the dis module. i checked this morning and there were only the top two. put the other two in and she fired right up. it runs fine now. the original dis was not sending any signal to the 2/6 coil bank. thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts