Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would pass this along. I saw my first 2 SHO's at the Cleveland west pull a part today. They were put out in the lot on Thursday 6-11-09. I know the '92 is an automatic, but didnt look in the '93. They both looked to be in fairly good condition.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
The 92 has to be an MTX...they didn't come with a stick.

Go grab those rear sway bars. $$$$$

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (dark_fire @ Jun 15 2009, 11:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=732600
Does the auto SHO have front end damage?[/b]
The bottom of the bumper cover is cracked in places on the 92, almost like the were dragging it through the yard. The sheetmetal is all good on both cars.
I cant use much off of either of those since I only have the wagon.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
QUOTE (DLC360 @ Jun 16 2009, 04:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=732757
The bottom of the bumper cover is cracked in places on the 92, almost like the were dragging it through the yard. The sheetmetal is all good on both cars.
[/b][/quote]
If the SHO ATX cooler isn't trashed, would you pull it and send it my way?

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (dark_fire @ Jun 16 2009, 06:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=732772
QUOTE (DLC360 @ Jun 16 2009, 04:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=732757
[/b][/quote]
If the SHO ATX cooler isn't trashed, would you pull it and send it my way?
[/b][/quote]
The soonest I will be able to get back there is saturday morning, and i'll be glad to look for that for you, I never thought about the trans coolers when I was there the other day. I know there is not enough damage to even come close to the cooler.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Could you also grab the SHO fog light switch and part of the harness, like only a couple inches too? You my friend, are a life saver. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (Andrew L @ Jun 17 2009, 01:20 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=732873
are there 24V DOHC badges that are not stickers? if so I might be interested in those[/b]
YES, they are the thicker badges and lookedpretty good the other day, i'll try getting them for you saturday.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE (dark_fire @ Jun 17 2009, 12:54 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=732866
Could you also grab the SHO fog light switch and part of the harness, like only a couple inches too? You my friend, are a life saver. Thanks.[/b]
I'll do my best for you. One advantage is its going to be rainy here this week so the cars should be good still on saturday.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Jun 17 2009, 04:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733045
QUOTE (DLC360 @ Jun 17 2009, 04:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733041
QUOTE (Andrew L @ Jun 17 2009, 01:20 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=732873
are there 24V DOHC badges that are not stickers? if so I might be interested in those[/b]
YES, they are the thicker badges and lookedpretty good the other day, i'll try getting them for you saturday.
[/b][/quote]
If there is a second set, would you mind grabbing them for me please?
[/b][/quote]

Will be glad to look and see what I can get.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, just checking my shopping list because if its nice tomorrow and I can swing it I may leave work early and make a pull a part run.
Here is what I have so far............

Dark_fire > you want the SHO ATX cooler ( if not damaged ) and a fog lite switch with a couple inches of harness.
Andrew L > you want the thicker 24 valve / DOHC badges.
Bull Geek > A second set of DOHC badges if I find some.

OK, if anyone else is looking for something I will be going either tomorrow or saturday morning. All prices will be what ever I pay plus postage, prices are on the pull a part web site. I will be checking here before I run up there also.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK, I went to the pull a part today and struck out on everything. The trany cooler was damaged, both mounting brackets were busted on each end. Both SHO's were missing the fog light switches and there was only 1 good DOHC badge, the other looked like someone hit it with a hammer since I saw it last. I am going to another lot tomorrow and will see what I can find.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
QUOTE (DLC360 @ Jun 20 2009, 11:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733763
OK, I went to the pull a part today and struck out on everything. The trany cooler was damaged, both mounting brackets were busted on each end. Both SHO's were missing the fog light switches and there was only 1 good DOHC badge, the other looked like someone hit it with a hammer since I saw it last. I am going to another lot tomorrow and will see what I can find.[/b]
WOW, and I thought I was the only one that could have that kind of luck. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
WELL, I hit the Cleveland East lot today, had a little luck for myself but nothing on the list here. I found a '98 SHO down there with some chrome 17's and almost brought those home, but with funds tight right now I cant get the new tires to go on them. I did find a new under hood isulation mat for the wagon ( I have a couple ideas for that) and another piece of under hood plastic that has its first coat of paint on it. I have a few more ideas to finish before the july 5th Summit ford show.
I'll keep my eye out for these parts and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I have two Gen 2 SHO Fog light switches, but no harnesses... so if you come accross a car that has the harness but not the switch, then you can have my switches for free (or I'll mail them to whoever needs them)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts