Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, the time has come to bid my 92 Sable farewell, to the big scrap yard in the sky. :( I do have one last question: is there a way to get some fuel out of the tank before I take her on her final journey? It's full and I would hate to give the wreckers a freebee like this. I tried siphoning, but can't get the hose to the tank, something seems to stop it. Could I disconnect the fuel delivery line in the engine and let the fuel pump do the work? Any input is appreciated!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
hmm... well, if you have some buckets, i'd say the easiest way is to punch a hole in the bottom of the tank and let it drain out. Use two pails so you can swap out the full one with an empty one, and dump the full one into a jerry can as you go. Trying to use the fuel pump would work, but it will only cycle for a few seconds at a time when you turn the key on without the engine running. I guess you could hotwire the pump to run constantly, then disconnect the fuel supply line at the fuel rail and use a lose hose to run into your jerry can.

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
92 = OBD1, which means you can remove the schraeder valve guts from the fuel press test port on the fuel rail, run a hose to some gas cans, turn the key to run, and ground the fuel pump test terminal on the EEC TEST connector to run the pump constantly. I have done this many times to drain tanks on OBD1 Fords.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
- Raise and support passenger rear of vehicle safely
- Disconnect fuel lines after fuel filter
- Aim fuel filter into fuel can/ jerry can/ bucket
- Turn key to on.
- Raise hood, find EEC-IV connector near passenger strut tower.
- Ground Fuel Pump pin.

- Remove pin from ground when tank is empty or near empty.
- ???
- Profit!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips, but I was unable to get anything done. She left me to enter the off road life with a full belly. At least the "Rest Home" ( junk yard) gave me an extra $20.00 for driving her down myself, bleeding various fluids on the way! May the Old Girl rest in peace. :sun:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts