Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 92 sable and while i was driving around it just died all of a sudden and now will not start. i checked for fuel pressure there is none i checked for spark there is none i am completely stumped. i know the fuel pump works

·
Registered
43 Posts
I responded to a similar post not to long ago. I'm thinking timing belt or chain. I had a 83 Fairmont, was driving perfectly then all of the sudden lost all power. It was like I went into nuetral. I sat on the side of the road and the engine turned and I kept trying to start it thinking it was about to fire but it didn't. It was the timing belt.

·
Registered
114 Posts
check your fuses in the box under your hood, also check your battery connections. If you are getting no spark and no fuel pressure dont bother with the timing belt, that is not your problem, a timing belt runs a cam on vehicals with timing belts, therefore it controls valve opening and closing. if all of your fuses are good and your battery is connected right you probably should take off your steering column cover and check your ignition switch to make sure that didnt break. Your vehical is most likely experiencing an electrical problem. Also have your battery tested. A bad cell in your battery can cause weird problems sometimes

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fuses and battery connections are good tring to check the wiring but the haynes manual is crappy when the key is in the on position you can hear the relay click in the IRCM but the wires going to the EEC are at only 1.3V which shows voltage drop somewhere i cant find the splices to test all wires. is there anywhere online in which i can download the service manual to check it out

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE: i figured out the problem after looking at the wiring diagrahms from all-data figured out were the problem was it was in a yellow wire that goes from the fuse box to the IRCM (integrated relay control module) the wire went to the EEC relays so i replaced the wire and now the car starts up just like normal

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by 92sable@Jun 5 2004, 10:42 PM
UPDATE: i figured out the problem after looking at the wiring diagrahms from all-data figured out were the problem was it was in a yellow wire that goes from the fuse box to the IRCM (integrated relay control module) the wire went to the EEC relays so i replaced the wire and now the car starts up just like normal
I'm confused, was the wire not going where it was supposed to go? If so do you know how it got switched? If not how did you determine that this wire was bad and needed to be replaced (did you notice it was cut, corroded, or otherwise damaged?)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i used the diagrahm and a DVOM and measured the pins on the IRCM and noticed that one of the ones that are supposed to come from the battery was way too low so i jumped it and bam everything worked

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by 92sable@Jun 6 2004, 03:42 AM
i used the diagrahm and a DVOM and measured the pins on the IRCM and noticed that one of the ones that are supposed to come from the battery was way too low so i jumped it and bam everything worked
Gotcha, thanks for explaining.

·
Registered
17 Posts
in holland we have got the ANWB,that is a company who helps you iff you have got startproblems ore driveproblems,they wont fix the car but they start it and ore tell you what the reason is for the failure , you have to be a member , but the costs are $150 a year and thats worth it , isn,t in the us a company like that , it must be

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if i didnt know much about cars i might think about that but since i was able to fix this problem i feel confident in my fixing skills

·
Registered
17 Posts
oh i am not questioning your skills but when you are on the road and you have not got the tools, they will help you,but i guess that there is an company like our anwb, is it only one ore are there more :blink: :unsure: :huh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts