Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm at 45k in my 2000 ses. I took a drive up the coast about 200 miles one weekend at 80-90mph straight up. For some reason I decided to fill 'er up with 91 before the drive and I could almost swear that since then(about 3 weeks ago)my car is driving WAY smoother. Is it the gas or the fact that I got to give the car something other than the normal stop and go and that helped? I tried 91 again though with regular driving and it still feels better. smoother shifting and faster acceleration.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Originally posted by CincySES@Mar 3 2004, 04:50 PM
Sorry if I sound like one of those people who scream and yell about reposts...but do we have to start this one again?....
It's easy enough just to say "Here's a list of prior threads on this topic. The search button works, too," right?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Yeah, I really wasn't trying to be rude....it's just that this topic has gone multiple pages in several posts and I've only been here like 5 months...

Anyway, I do hope some of those links help!

A

·
0 Posts
I applaud CincySES for doing the search and finding all those links. That's the way this should be handled.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes or no woulda been easier and none of those links answer the question about how taking a long highway drive rather than the normal stop and go can be good.

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
The truth is that Taurus engines were optimized to run on REGULAR fuel and PREMIUM can actually damage your engine. If Ford could have gotten THAT much more performance out of premium they would have recommended premium like on SHO's. You should feel lucky that the Taurus doesn't REQUIRE premium in your V6 like the Toyota Camry, Nissan Altima, and Honda Accord. I know here in CA if my car required premium the $2.23 per gallon price for it would put me in the poor house.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts