Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone well I may not be getting a project because the f150 is going to need some work done. The first thing on my list is to find a better seat for the interior, not that anything is wrong with this one but we would like something a bit more comfortable. I have been doing some searching and cannot find any answers about what will fit in this regular cab 5 speed truck. I would like to find a 92+ seat seatup because of them having head rests like my uncles truck has, but I dont know if it will fit(bolt holes line up). Does anyone know if they will? Also are there holes already there if i stayed with the 87-91 or even the 92-96 seats but changed from the bench thats in it to bucket seats and a console?

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
one of my dads 90's came with buckets and a console (came from the factory with a bench but the junkyard he bought it from had swapped them) but he didnt like them so he had them swapped for the bench all the holes are there

also the seats from a newer f series (up to 96) should fit fine also could try looking for some E B bronco seats?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so all the holes are there for either buckets and/or bench right(if i understand right they are but just want to be sure)? Holes for the center console(if they have bolts that go into the floor, im not exactly sure how it is setup)? are the power seat wires under there if you dont have power seats? Reason I ask is because the thunderbird has the wiring for the passenger power seat but doesnt have one.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
honestly i dont even remember any thing but that they had switched them out and my dad told them to switch back. i would assume the holes are there for mass production its just a matter of finding them as for power seat i have no idea lol. this was probably close to 10 years ago now

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
I installed a seat from a 97 or so F150 in a 72 F250 once with no modifications.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (sfhess @ Apr 1 2009, 04:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=714468
I installed a seat from a 97 or so F150 in a 72 F250 once with no modifications.[/b]
really, i never would have thought those would fit.......a bench im assuming......I wonder if they would fit..........if I could find a nice set of leather seats or even cloth buckets.......that would be awesome!!!!!!!!!! I doubt they have them in the junkyard though, cause thats where I will be looking this weekend since they want it nice out.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
the cab didn't reay change the entire time from the 70s to 96, just the outside panels.

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
i know for sure that seats from 73-97 trucks swap right out. its possible that theres an even wider range, though...

in any case, you should have many options, as long as you stick with the same type of seat (whether bench or buckets).

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well I may be back to looking for a project since the work needed for the truck is now complete including the ripping out of the interior and putting it totally back together as well as doing a full detail on it, and boy does it look good, lol thanks for the help everyone......and I stuck to the regular seat since it wasnt really in all that bad of shape, plus my grandpop said he would not spend 40-50. for a junyard seat that could have mice and stuff in it lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts