Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've picked up a loaded 91 Taurus wagon to be a parts donor for my 95 Taurus wagon. I bought it for the alloy wheels, third seat, the rear wiper, but I want to use the digital dash, I found install instructions on shoforum.com, is this a plug an play swap, or is wiring work involved? Anybody need parts off a 91? I should have it home this week, here's the ebay link......
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...=ADME:B:BN:MT:1
TIA!!

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Welcome to the club! :tcca:

There might be some wiring involved, but it should fit in the space where your old cluster was. I think the older digidash speedometers are limited to reading 85 MPH.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I can't say for sure whether or not the digi-dashes are interchangeable, but I know for certain that the digi-dashes from my 1987 (Gen 1) and my 1995 (Gen 2) Sable Wagons are totally different. Different switches, different layout, different gauges, the works.
The 1987 car had a mandatory 18 gallon (extended range) gas tank with the digi-dash. With the 1995, the digi-dash could only be had with the 16 gallon regular tank.
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
1986-1989 models have different gauges than 1990/1991 models. '90/'91 models will work with 1992-1995 models.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I wouldn't do it without a Ford electrical Vacuum Training Manual (EVTM). I am sure there are a few sensors you need to bring from the donor car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts