Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale is my 1990 SHO with 141k on the odometer...it is my daily driver which is driven by me and only me...(ive owned it for the past 14 months)the only reason im selling it is that i have a 93 SHO in my yard as well and my landlord wants one or the other to go and by Tuesday no less!!!If not the car will be towed away and im stuck for storage!!!The exterior is in typical New england shape but not too bad its white with an 89 titanium rear bumper.The interior is black and in real good shape with leather seats(which i got from Bob Gervais...)The car does need some work but runs and drives ok.
Here is a list..

The good....

Clean interior
new tie rods
lower control arms
redid rear defrost lines
plugs wires v/c gaskets
plug tube seals
power antenna
rear cables
rear calipers(from previous owner)
replaced all power window switches
fog light mod
indiglo gauges
right rear wheel bearing
tranny drain and refill with Mercon V syn.
took out moon roof slider
door ajar switch
have 3 x-tra basket weaves

The bad...
needs alignment
could use two front tires(have 3 x-tra basket weaves with 2 good ones on it)
needs rack(steers fine just leaks a little have another ill include with the car)
needs motor mounts
needs oil change
could def use a fuel filter
leaks oil(think its from rear cover may have been me when i did it)
burns a little under hard acceleration
has very slight coolant leak from radiator(havent had to top off in a while)
needs belts and hoses
im taking out fog lights
and my kenwood system(have a tape deck ill include)
took out factory amps(didnt work anyway made my own harness to use factory speakers sound great!!)
has rust at bottom of gas door
dent in right front fender(lens is good)
has single SLO exhaust(previous owner was too cheap to put in correct one)

im sure there are a couple of things i forgot but this car is good for someone who is really looking for an awesome parts car or with some work an excellent driver.No BS here im telling everything i know about the car.I'd like to get around the $700 range for the car but seeing im under the gun im def.. willing to talk on this(i dont plan on giving this away but reasonable offers will be entertained)If interested please pm me e-mail me at [email protected] or by phone at 508-816-9691 if voice mail comes on please leave message as i dont leave my phone on during work.Please help me find a good home for this car....its too good to strip or junk....

B

·
0 Posts
I've seen this car, and currently have the original half leather seats from it in my 91. Chris is a great guy, and the car is in good shape for the year. At this price, this car is a good deal. Someone jump on it!

If need be Chris, you can store the car at my place until the sale. I'd hate to see this thing get towed and lost. :(

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
damn why'd you have to be in mass :( otherwise i would have taken it off your hands

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Tman@Oct 16 2004, 12:16 PM
damn why'd you have to be in mass :( otherwise i would have taken it off your hands
bah, the drive to Mass is nothing :p I'd buy it if I was employed right now, but I don't know how my job is looking as of yet, so I better not spend the money. :(

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If anyone is really interested(Tman i see you may be)there is a good chance this car may end up at Bobs shop give me a call at the cell #posted above or by e-mail and we can talk and maybe wrok something out...in the mean time here are a couple of pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
sold!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Did you buy it? If so, congrats!

B

·
0 Posts
Yep, he did. Chris took the car down to the shop tonight, and DJ, Chris and I took it for a ride. DJ was hooked, the deal was made, and the car will be picked up tomorrow night.

J

·
0 Posts
Congrats Fernando! :thumb:

Now I can use this as an excuse to come back out there... just to see your SHO. ;) :D

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Nice to see you moving to a real car Fernando, not that POS Infiniti... :ph34r:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks Fellas

Hopefully, the next time you come down the majority of the work will be completed. Now, the only problem is having all the money for all the goodies I'm going to want for the SHO.

Later

·
Registered
218 Posts
Bob, aren't u supposed to be working!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????? LOL

Anyways, we have a long list of ish to do to this beast. I can't wait.

I've been pricing all the stuff all morning long.

Later

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes people it is true...Fernando is buying my car....it makes me feel good to know that im selling this car to someone who really appreciates what a SHO really is.Yes the car is not perfect but i have confidence that you and Bob will do the car right.It was a pleasure meeting you and i look forward to seeing you later on tonight...Btw the car is ready to go whenever you are.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I can't wait, I'm like a little kid in the candy store woot!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts