Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new pads and rotors, fairly newly rebuilt calipers, new front coilovers, when i come to a stop its fine, but when i take off again i feel a jerk in the steering wheel, also recently put in a new steering rackNpinion n new tierod ends.. any ideas? thanks folks.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Maybe describe a bit more? Does it pull to one side (which side)? Momentarily, then it's straight again? or do you have to steer it back on course?

Or is it more a forward/backward jerk?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sometimes it pulls to the right, sometimes to the left, but the power steering always brings it back to center, and yes its s backward forward jerk in the steering wheel

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
For starters, take a look at your engine/tranny mounts. With someone in the car, hood up, engine running, have the person shift from P to R to D and while you stand at the side to see if the engine rocks excessively. In D and with the brakes firmly on, give it a little gas and see what happens to the engine as well.

EDIT: or if you have the manual, of course, go from neutral to 1st to reverse and gingerly let out the clutch...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
recently changed both motor mounts, and tranny mount...

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
are they good? did it do this before you did the engine/tranny mounts?

did it do it before you replaces the brakes at all?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts