Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, that I havn't been around for a long time as I sold my bull, but I may be getting her back with a blown trans.......

has anyone preformed a MTX swap into a bull????? I have the center console, and bucket seats already......

I have also seen a parts 2.5 MTX car at the Pick-a-Part so I can get the parts off of that what I need for the shifter, pedals and column

don't really care about the cost and such, and I don't mind being the ginuea pig....

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Yeah and he got it working pretty good too. He just need the computer in order to make it flawless. And it was a 3.0L ATX to MTX swap on a G2 (not too far off from the G1s) so you might be in luck if he documented teh whole thing.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on doccumenting the whole thing myself........ I plan on using a manual out of either a 3.0 probe, or out of a 3.0 tempo/topaz........ and all the mounting brackets as well....... for the halfshafts.. probably out of the 2.5l that's in the wrecking yard..... as well as the complete shifter and pedal assy out of it too.... in the end, I'm hoping for a seamless conversion, so that it looks like it came from the factory like that....

As for a swap into a G3 or a G4, that mite make it a little more difficult...... unless you use a computer out of a ranger ... or an areostar.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts