Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying a 1985 Ford Thunderbird from a neighbor as a project car. The car is white and it's in decent shape except for some needed body work on the rear quarters behind the wheels, and some interior work, like a head liner, and it new blue driver seat. It also needs a front exhaust pipe and an oil pump. Besides that the car is pretty solid.

If I decide to buy the car I'm thinking about doing the body work myself and having the car painted, tinted windows, and dual exhaust, nightshade the tail lights and add some black headlight covers and paint the grille black also instead of the chrome grille it has now. The interior is blue and after cleaned and painting some panels, such as the panel around the shifter,radio and power locks in siilver.

So what I'm asking is if someone here thats good with photoshop could take a photo of a black 85 T-Bird and photoshop the paint theme I've thought of...
What I was thinking was painting the car black with gray/silver below the door molding all around the car, separating the black and the Silver would be a single blue pinstripe. So what do you think?

I could email you the photos, I got them from Cardomain.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
If you post the pic in this thread i'm sure there are several people that will reply with some rendition of what you are looking for. There are several talented photoshop users in the club from what i've seen.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here's a pic i found on Cardomain of an 85 T-bird in black, I've also been thinking of a few other color themes...

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
What engine does this T-Bird have? I had an '87 T-Bird with the 3.8L V6. It was a good car, I should never have sold it last year, but it needed work and I didn't want to invest the $$ needed to keep it going...

Of the oddest quirks with that car was the digital speedometer which stopped at 85 mph. You'd then have to switch it to km/h where it would continue to read up past 160 km/h and you'd have to convert from kilometers to miles per hour...

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm thinking about buying a 1985 Ford Thunderbird from a neighbor as a project car.
Why dont you just buy my 85 bird instead?? Its already black,and the interior is in EXCELLENT (yes grey) shape. Body is straight. 5.0 cold A/C ....................

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by snakeeyes@Jul 6 2004, 06:11 PM
I'm thinking about buying a 1985 Ford Thunderbird from a neighbor as a project car.
Why dont you just buy my 85 bird instead?? Its already black,and the interior is in EXCELLENT (yes grey) shape. Body is straight. 5.0 cold A/C ....................
Yeah that would be great!!! But I'de be getting this T-Bird for $300

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by HokieRacer@Jul 6 2004, 04:33 PM
What engine does this T-Bird have? I had an '87 T-Bird with the 3.8L V6. It was a good car, I should never have sold it last year, but it needed work and I didn't want to invest the $$ needed to keep it going...

Of the oddest quirks with that car was the digital speedometer which stopped at 85 mph. You'd then have to switch it to km/h where it would continue to read up past 160 km/h and you'd have to convert from kilometers to miles per hour...
I believe it has a 3.8L v6 also... I don't really know much about the car or the engine I just know it's real cheap and it needs some work, and would be a good project car.

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Originally posted by Taurus3254JA+Jul 6 2004, 07:07 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Taurus3254JA @ Jul 6 2004, 07:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HokieRacer@Jul 6 2004, 04:33 PM
What engine does this T-Bird have?  I had an '87 T-Bird with the 3.8L V6. It was a good car, I should never have sold it last year, but it needed work and I didn't want to invest the $$ needed to keep it going...

I believe it has a 3.8L v6 also... I don't really know much about the car or the engine I just know it's real cheap and it needs some work, and would be a good project car. [/b][/quote]
Wow, an old T-bird, that brings back memories... Anyway the one that was a real blast was the 2.3L Turbo model. The better years were 87-88 when they had the intercooled turbo, 175hp. Turbo boost was limited to 10psi's in 4th and 5th gear, but you could reroute one of the wastegate hoses and get 15psi's of boost in all 5 gears. Those cars were FAST. Plus the hood scoops on those years looked cooled. As the body was basically the same, the hood from those years would also fit the 85-86 years. I've ridden in a Mustang with the 5.0 and while they're faster 0-60 they just don't feel it, all of a sudden you're going 60. The turbo though, give it gas, seems like nothing's going on for a bit, then BANG, the turbo kicks in and away you go, shift gears, repeat... Oh and get the 5-speed as the hp was limited in the automatics.

Oh and the keypad entry and autoheadlamps were also on those models which I have in the current SEL. Some technology just sticks around for a long time afterwards.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Originally posted by Taurus3254JA+Jul 6 2004, 07:04 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Taurus3254JA @ Jul 6 2004, 07:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-snakeeyes@Jul 6 2004, 06:11 PM
Yeah that would be great!!! But I'de be getting this T-Bird for $300 [/b][/quote]
Hell , Ill sell mine for 1200$. youll save more than that on bodywork!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts