Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a fender bender last night. And it was my fault.
Ill post more details this afternoon, right now i have to go to school. Ill post with pics, too.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Anyway, i had a fender bender last night. And it was my fault. 
  Ill post more details this afternoon, right now i have to go to school. Ill post with pics, too.[/b]
What steam do you have to blow off when you got a phone call from me last night???

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What steam do you have to blow off when you got a phone call from me last night??? [/b]
You did help.

Anyway, it happened on ritchie highway. I had my friend in the car with me. *Snipped, due to my paranoia* It was a blue 2003 Volkswagon Golf.
It happened so quick....

The guy turned out to be a nice guy. He had his girlfriend in the car with him. He did call the police though.
We exchanged information and what not, talked, and that was pretty much it. The fender bender aint on my record and no tickets were issued. We simply exchanged information. Were gonna pay for his damages out of our own pocket though, we aint goin through my insurance. I cant afford to have my insurance go up.

My car is basically undamaged. Theres a few marks on my bumper, but theyll come right out. Also, theres now a small crack in my drivers side headlight.
Ill fix that later, its very small. His cars rear bumper faired pretty well too. Only damage is some scratches, and it looks buffed up. Also, the plastic trim came off a little bit, but thats no big deal. No one was hurt.

Im suppose to get a call from him today about how much itll cost. The guy works at a volkswagon dealership body shop, so it wont be too bad.
All things considered, the situation has worked out well so far, all things considered. We had a nice cop, too.

So that was my extremely crappy night.

J

·
0 Posts
Sorry to hear about your wreck Cap.

Glad to hear that nobody was hurt and that the damage wasn't bad. I see Gen 3 headlights on ebay all the time pretty cheap, so you might want to look there for a replacement light.

X

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Capital Punishment@Mar 5 2004, 01:06 PM
850 big ones
$850!?!? Did you get a copy of the estimate? If you pay him out of your pocket, make sure to make him sign something that said that you will not be responsible for any more costs, liability, injuries, etc as a result of this accident.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by XLSuruaT+Mar 5 2004, 06:23 PM-->QUOTE (XLSuruaT @ Mar 5 2004, 06:23 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Capital Punishment
@Mar 5 2004, 01:06 PM
850 big ones 

$850!?!? Did you get a copy of the estimate? If you pay him out of your pocket, make sure to make him sign something that said that you will not be responsible for any more costs, liability, injuries, etc as a result of this accident. [/b]
Were doin all that tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. But I'm glad things will be worked out...

And fender benders are pricy. When an old lady rear-ended me 3 times in a parking lot, it was $1100 in repairs. The main damage done was her licence plate number stamped in my rear bumper. It's just the labor that kills you.

·
Registered
933 Posts
you'd think replacing those parts completely would be cheaper than that...oh well, at least its in the past, and there was no ticket to pour salt in the wound a month down the road

1 - 15 of 15 Posts