what brand?

·
Registered
83 Posts
is it sold?

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Yes, your computer will be thinking you still have the stock MAF (65 in GenII's?). If you put it on w/o a chip telling the computer the MAF is larger, it will mess with your A/F ratio. That's about all I know, not too many details.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Well if your car doesn't come with the 80mm MAF then you will need your computer reprogrammed to run correctly. When I had my car I took a SVT Contour MAF which I think its the same as the Duratec one and when I installed it was running good but when I was hitting the accelerator more it used to stall for a second or so and thats why it wasn't programmed for that one. Probably I am wrong but that what I think and maybe someone will chime in if I am wrong.

Frank

B

·
0 Posts
You need to have the PCM reprogrammed to use a larger MAF, unless it's an aftermarket MAF that is compensated within the MAF.

Unless some type of change is made, the car will not run properly with the 80mm MAF.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
it work ok?

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
The only thing you have to do to use is swappin in your stock MAF sensor in that 80mm MAF and take out the old sensor from that MAF then have the PCM reprogrammed to use a larger MAF which in this case is the 80mm MAF.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
oh ok so you use your own sensor. alright win.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
couldnt u just use larger injectors and counter act all that, so u get more air and fuel? which equals more power without reprogramming??

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
so my next question... ship to canada, you would? - yoda

B

·
0 Posts
The engine can only use as much air as it's capable of taking in. Unless you're running forced induction, there's no way you're going to peg the voltage on your stock MAF.

Now, Norris got away with running 19lbs. injectors and a MAF from the same car (contour SVT?) when he had his Gen 3. Doesn't mean it's going to work all the time though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts