Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about becoming a mechanic, so this weekend, I went to a college that is ranked 5th in the nation for producing excellent mechanics.. Well, while I was there, they had a car show going on.. There were alot of Old and New Corvettes, and a 9 second Camaro
(using giggle gas) and most of all, a Dodge Viper.. I personally have never seen a Dodge Viper in person before.. So I went up to it, looked at it, admired the 500 HP Stock 90 degree V10 engine.. And almost fainted when I saw the price tag ($81,000!!!!) Well, on my inspection of the vehicle, I found 2 things out.. a Big 6 foot 3 guy cant really fit in a Viper too Well, and on the back of the car it had a sticker that stated "After this car has done its educational use, it MUST be crushed"
I saw that and wondered WTF!?
So I did some investigations, and I found that the Dodge Viper was a donated car, and the school uses it to see where stuff is, and learn how to fix one. So being a donation, it does not have a Title, or any paper work..

What I was thinking is HOLY CRAP! THATS A EXPEEXPENSIVESH! They have to crush it, along with all of the other Donated Cars.. But why
It should be put on display, or taken to a track, and rent it out to people that want to drive a 500HP stock Viper.. There goes $80k down the drain!

In writing this post, I really have nothing too usefull to say

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
It's probably a liability thing the school doesn't want to be responsable for. If a student put something together wrong and it's sold, but ends up falling appart and killing someone, the school doesn't want to be responsable.... expecially if the car is doing 120 down a drag strip at the time

-Dan

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
OR the school could just keep it on the back lot forever like some of the cars at my school's auto shop. Gives the kids something to hope for when they have to drive it inside to put on the lift.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
IIRC the Bondurant driving school Sho's were sold without titles after they were finished with them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I drove one of the Red Viper RT10's from the TV show Viper onto the truck to head for the crusher. Sadest thing I ever had to do at my old job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts